How effective is vehicle wrap advertising?
Vehicle graphics is a great way to advertise your business. Consumers demand an advertising medium that grabs their attention and vehicle wraps do exactly that.
It doesn't matter if you're just introducing yourself to the market or are established and working to be on top, vehicle wrapping is the most cost effective way to market yourself per impression.
In terms of ROI (Return Of Investment), vehicle wrap advertising is fantastic, as it is a one off investment were you get to advertise everywhere you go, unlike the monthly advertising fees for other forms of advertising like billboards and newspaper ads. Another good thing about it is that once you decide you don't want it on your vehicle you just have it removed and your vehicle is the same as before.
Vehicle wrap advertising works for both small towns and big, crowded cities.
In small towns or when owning a small local business, having your vehicles covered in graphics will expose your advertisement of your services (or products) not only when driving around, but also when you're parked in front of a client's house or just in a public parking lot.
Vehicle wrap advertising is much appreciated in big, crowded cities, where there is lots of traffic, specially in areas like business centers or where there are restaurants, banks, shopping malls, cafes, etc. where local commuters pass by frequently every day.
Here are some interesting statistics and fun facts:
- Fleet vehicle advertising increases name recognition fifteen times more than any other kind of advertising;
It's impossible to shut off a message on an automobile. It's displayed 24/7;
- 74 per cent of motorists are positively influenced by companies and products advertised on trucks;
According to the American Trucking Association, vehicle advertisements generate more than 600 visual impressions for every mile driven;
- Compared to yesterday's custom paint jobs, vinyl car wraps are much less expensive;
- Just driving around for one day in a middle-sized city exposes your advertisement to anywhere from 30,000 to 70,000 views;
- Vehicle graphics deliver the most effective cost-per-impression compared to any other form of advertising: as low as 15 ¢
Having said all of that, the effectiveness of vehicle wraps can drop drastically if the design is awful or you make mistakes such as:
- Not designing the artwork in vector format - this makes the graphics appear pixelated.
- Too much or too little information - less is definitely more.
- Not designing the wrap to fit panels, doors, etc
- Always going big and bold. The advertisement should make people look at it and take interest, not scream at them.
At Enseignes MS Inc. We can help you make the right choices and avoid the bad ones. We can combine your ideas with our years of experience to provide a unique and effective way to advertise your business.